Are you looking for work/life balance?
Are you tired of dealing with invoices, late/no payments?
We offer flexible working hours that fit your daily schedule and guaranteed income that enables you to focus on producing quality work. Besides working on projects from Fortune 500 companies, you will also have the opportunity to learn new techniques and receive feedback from our seasoned language leaders. Come be a part of our positive energy multi-national team!
Once you pass our test translations, you will receive training where then you can begin working as a professional translator. This job allows you the ability to work from home and work part time. We do, however prefer candidates who can come to the office a few times out of the week and can work a minimum of 30 hours per week. The office is located in Torrance, CA. This job will be paid either by the hour or by the quantity of words translated. per word basis.
- The role consists of translating, revising, editing or checking documents according to the instructions set out in the POs sent by Project Managers, using the required tools and resources.
- Translators must be able to translate complex and demanding jobs in several different subject areas. Specializations in certain subject areas welcomed! Translators must also adhere to 1-StopAsia’s language guidelines and deliver work on time.
- Translators must be a self starter who can learn how to work with all of the required CAT tools independently. Translators are expected to perform revision tasks for other linguists (both in-house and freelance) within their language team, while providing them, with factual and constructive feedback.
- Translators can expect to translate at least 2,000 words a day.
- Translators are expected to be able to identify potential issues, think logically and use the available resources at hand to problem solve.
- This role may involve recruiting and training other Asian language translators.
- Part time, Full time, remote, and in-office positions at Torrance, CA available
- Japanese Native speaker or English native with fluent Japanese speaking/writing skills.
- Ability to use computers and use/learn how to use software applications e.g. CAT tools, QA tools and MT editing environments.
- Good keyboard skills (typing and shortcuts).
- Good skills in MS office applications- MS word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good research skills to ramp up on basic understanding of different translation subject areas, with the ability to uncover more information independently as needed.
- Ability to produce the required translation quality independently.
- Ability to organize and manage own workload.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with colleagues.
- Ability to cope with time-related stress.
Robust training sessions for using CAT tools, QA tools and MT editing software
On the job training for technical translation and editing.
Great learning opportunity through working with different industries, and gathering constructive feedback from experienced senior translators.
1-StopAsia, is a global leader in Asian Language Translation services. Founded in 1998, we have encouraged and supported our employees on their personal and professional growth by creating a comfortable atmosphere where they can freely express their ideas. We are looking for someone who can share in our vision for a better workplace, embody our core values, and play a key role in our company’s growth.
We are not looking to hire just another employee, but a candidate that exemplifies our core values, which are:
a) To always be positive,
b) To be a team player,
c) To strive for continuous personal and professional growth, and
d) To always be client oriented.
If you feel that you possess these characteristics, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you.